||To all promoters that are interested in having Texas Gulf Coast BBQ Association sanction their event please contact Roycie Raspberry our event coordinator. She will be glad to explain the process for sanctioning your event and help make sure your event is scheduled to maximize its success.
|| Contact Info:
1. Furnish 1 copy of cook-off rules and 1 copy of entry form to be reviewed by TGCBCA Head Judge prior to advertising and mailing. To make sure rules are in compliance.
2. If inspecting meat, specify time and location.
3. Turn in times should be set prior to cook-off and so advertised.
4. Complete TGCBCA Entry list and present to Head Judge prior to Chief Cook's Meeting.
5. Provide judges for all levels of competition (Must be at least 18 years of age).
6. Provide the following supplies:
- Chief Cooks cannot be used as judges.
- Team members may be used at the preliminary judging level . . . Not finals.
- Plastic forks, knives, & spoons in bulk form (no picnic paks), napkins or paper towels.
- Condiments for judges (crackers, dill pickle slices)
- Bottled water or water & cups for judges. We prefer that beer or soda not be served.
- A specific area with enough tables and chairs for judging.
- Two (2) to six (6) persons to help in judging area.
- A Sound system if necessary.
7. A nominal sanctioning fee to TGCBCA that is based on the number of cooking teams entered in the cook-off.
8. Provide either a hotel room or space for RV if needed for overnight stay by the Head Judge.
9. Neither a promoter, nor an immediate family member may be associated with a cook team at a cook off they are involved with promoting. (Your Team may cook but you or your immediate family members will not be allowed to assist in anyway.)
10. TGCBCA requires that you have at least 15 teams to have it sanctioned.
1. Be available to the Promoter to answer any questions and provide help to make the cook-off a success.
2. Attend the Chief Cook's Meeting to explain the TGCBCA rules, discuss turn-in times, and answer any questions from the cookers.
3. Prepare Turn-in Containers that will be issued at the Chief Cook’s Meeting.
4. Administer all levels of the competition judging and tabulate the judge's score sheets.
5. Instruct the judges as to the judging procedures.
6. Provide Official Head Judge.
7. Assist in the announcing of final winners.
8. Provide the following supplies:
- Trays with foil and/or Cups for competition (cost of turn in containers paid by promoter).
- Double tickets and tape.
- Judging forms and Pencils for the judges' use.